wtorek, 30 stycznia 2018

Space Hulk - Blood Angels

First Terminators

I finished painting my first 40k miniatures - Blood Angel portion of Space Hulk.

I tried out a few new techniques. Armor was all done using airbrush in the following steps:
- charred brown from the bottom
- mephiston red from the top/sides
- dry brush vallejo heavy orange
- wash with agrax earthshade
- mephiston red from the top/sides
- evil sunz scarlet from the top

I think the armor turned out really well. Some things that I know could have been done better:
- this was my first time doing edge highlighting, which you can probably tell from how uneven the lines are
- first time doing detailed gems. I should probably apply more thinner costs (glazes), to get smoother transitions
- power swords - should be smoother and edge lines sharper
- I used the same red for some of the gems as I did for the armor. That was a terrible idea, because the gems don't stand out.
- for metallic I'm using vallejo metal color which are great, however they are very thin which makes them difficult to do edging/highlithing
- writings on scrolls should probably be done with thinner lines

Overall a lot of things to improve, but I think for first space marines they turned quite ok. Admittedly I always have the dilemma how far to push for quality by investing more time. On one hand I want my models to get better and better. On the other, it took my about a month to paint these guys, given how much/little time I can dedicate to painting given my other life commitment and I do want to see my long backlog of miniatures painted as well.

































Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Tabletops Scenics - MDF Terrain

Finished some Orkenburg terrain pieces as well as a cowshed. ...